IT Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

IT Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX

IT professionals build, design, and maintain the systems that handle storing, sending, and retrieving information. Employers are looking for individuals who are able to systematically solve the tough and unusual problems that arise in the field. Expect to be asked many hypothetical questions that will assess your thought process when dealing with complex problems.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What happens at "layer 2" when you plug a laptop into the net work?

3 Answers

Did not know I have 18 years experience in IT management. It's been too long since I was an engineer.

They're asking about the OSI model. Layer 2 is the data link layer. Ethernet uses data packets called frames to ID and establish the physical (MAC or EUI) address of the laptop. More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model#Layer_2:_data_link_layer

That's a stupid question. How would knowing the answer help you do that job better? You probably learned that 10 to 15 years ago and don't remember. You don't have to remember as you can always look it up. Is this a show about knowing more than a 5th grader?

How did you deal with a difficult employee- wha tdid you do to turn them around? Discuss a project that did not go well or went over budget? Discuss a time with you had to make a call on your own without your supervisors discussing it with you...was there a financial impact? what was it? how did it go?

1 Answer

What would you like to do if you could do anything?

2 Answers

Why are you leaving your current employer?

1 Answer

Tell us what you know about our company?

1 Answer

A business is about to go bankrupt. This business sells generic products. Choose one of the 4 products and how would you improve or change this product. 1) Candle 2) Piggy bank 3) Mouse pad 4) Towel

1 Answer

How would you handle 2 calls that were high priority and both came in at the same time, and one dall was from a VP and the other from a business critical team?

Can you do 50 pushups?

1 Answer

I did not find much of their interview process to be difficult. I guess the part that they would find difficult is that since I come from a military background I tend to not question the situation and just work to improve it.

1 Answer

What are the implications of moving the computing society to the cloud.

110 of 103 Interview Questions