Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

"Senior financial analysts are respected for their expertise, exemplified by their attention to detail, confidence, and accuracy. In an interview context, expect to be questioned on technical questions, your previous experiences, and hypothetical situations that require your analysis and recommendation. Most importantly, come prepared with knowledge on the company and the industry, as well as the challenges that it faces."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

During the interview I was told there were two Sr Financial Analyst positions open and which one I'd choose?

1 Answer

I said I could do both jobs so I had no preference. Maybe they saw this as a weak answer...

What happens when IRR is equal to Discounted Rate

1 Answer

Mostly common behavioural questions on how you handle situations

Tell me about a time you came up with an idea and brought it to fruition

Why did you leave your last company?

1 Answer

What was your biggest accomplishment?

Describe a P&L?

1 Answer

Questions divided in categories for behavioral and technical. Behavioral involved dealing with people and difficult situations while technical asked anything from explaining Income Statement, accounting movements (debits/credits) on the balance sheet (i.e. what will happen if you increase inventory, define impact on other accounts). Some other technical questions on revenue recognition and budgeting, I.E how would you go about creating an overhead budget for a department.