Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

"Senior financial analysts are respected for their expertise, exemplified by their attention to detail, confidence, and accuracy. In an interview context, expect to be questioned on technical questions, your previous experiences, and hypothetical situations that require your analysis and recommendation. Most importantly, come prepared with knowledge on the company and the industry, as well as the challenges that it faces."

Top Interview Questions

During the interview I was told there were two Sr Financial Analyst positions open and which one I'd choose?

1 Answer

I said I could do both jobs so I had no preference. Maybe they saw this as a weak answer...

Why did you leave your last company?

1 Answer

What was your biggest accomplishment?

Describe a P&L?

1 Answer

Tell me about your background and what you think you can bring to LPL?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you came up with an idea and brought it to fruition

Questions divided in categories for behavioral and technical. Behavioral involved dealing with people and difficult situations while technical asked anything from explaining Income Statement, accounting movements (debits/credits) on the balance sheet (i.e. what will happen if you increase inventory, define impact on other accounts). Some other technical questions on revenue recognition and budgeting, I.E how would you go about creating an overhead budget for a department.

1 Answer

Tell me about your previous work experience. What skills did you attain from this position and how will it help you with this position? What previous financial experience did you have?