Store Manager Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Store Manager Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

"When interviewing candidates for the role of store manager, employers are looking for positive leaders that can steer the team towards assisting customers, managing merchandise, and keeping the operation moving smoothly. In an interview context, be prepared to answer questions about your ability to sell a product, resolve issues, and create an enjoyable work environment with strong customer service. You should also be ready to discuss any previous experience in sales or retail."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is margin?

1 Answer

Margin is the money you make off an item/items. It is basically profit or loss. We buy in items at a certain price and we sell them at a certain price. The margin is the profit or loss on what you sell it for vs. what you buy it in at. The higher the margin, the more profit the company makes off a sale. Higher margin items are good push items to get a little extra off a sale.

Willing to Relocate for promotion

1 Answer

I do not feel there were any difficult questions as I said above it was just judgment calls and what I saw in the store for opportunities. I was over prepared because I had spent several hours getting as much history on the company ensuring I was making a good business decision for me. This included financials for the past several years and what direction the company was going as well as where they came from.

1 Answer

All questions were specifically designed to illicit specific examples of times in your career.

1 Answer

Can't think of one that was asked.

1 Answer

Why did you leave your previous employer?

1 Answer

We are looking for people who love interacting with people and love our products. It is that SIMPLE. If you do not love the HUMAN ELEMENT the (need not apply).

1 Answer

How would you coach a difficult associate?

Why i left intially

1 Answer

Given an array of integers which is circularly sorted, how do you find a given integer.

110 of 60 Interview Questions