Analytics Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Analytics

Analytics Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

"When you apply for a job in the field of analytics, you can expect to be asked technical questions and given math problems that will test your knowledge of statistical math and data management and analysis. The interviewer may test your critical thinking and decision making skills by having you solve word problems on the spot, as you will be expected to know how to gather insights into and draw conclusions from the data you collect on the job. Analytics is a broad field, and the technical questions you are asked will depend on the position you are applying for."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would I validate the data for integrity of results?

1 Answer

Create quick pivot and then connect to the totals for different reports, using simple logical function in Excel.

What do you enjoy doing outside of work.

1 Answer

Why would you take a position with SFDC, don't you think that is a risk knowing the analytic platform is new and developing?

1 Answer

You have two trains heading for each other at rate x and y, you have a bird that flies at speed Z back and forth between the front of the heads, how far did the bird travel until the trains met.

1 Answer

Tell me about a piece of financial news you have been following.

1 Answer

"What would you be most concerned about on your first day of work"

1 Answer

There are a lot of reports scattered around sent by email, in folders etc. How would I resolve the issue? We are moving from one of the current reporting platforms, what would you implement as a new platform that would centralize reporting. Tableau, because it allows the user to connect to all data sources, which Click View can't do. Director told that it actually can (I used personal free version that did not have capability). So my final answer was ClickView together with Excel that can connect to the database.

1 Answer

How would you validate the data integrity for ad hoc requests?

1 Answer

How would you proceed if you were hired - how would you spend your first three months? There is no documentation in the department and two Analyst, who are here for a long time 'have everything they learned in their heads'.

1 Answer

How would I resolve the issue with the data integrity when receiving the files with the data from the clients?

110 of 218 Interview Questions