Business development manager Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Business development manager Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

"Business development managers work to expand their company's business, so employers are looking for go-getters who can identify promising opportunities, manage partner relations, and successfully implement partnerships into current business models. In an interview, expect to be quizzed on your analytical, interpersonal, and management skills. You may be asked to evaluate a prospective market or pitch an unorthodox business to the executives of a company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would I do on the job in my first 90-180 days?

2 Answers

For a BD guy, this is not unexpected, and I am always prepared to answer this in any interview.

What would you do on the job in your first 90-180 days at HC? The answer is simple--continue to look for jobs elsewhere.

Classic interview questions (recited from a manual, it seemed) that you hear all the time. Not very original. I was more than qualified for this job, so it was not difficult.

2 Answers

They stated to me that my resume looked great. Didn't actually ask me anything.

1 Answer

Goals, inflection points in my career, etc.

1 Answer

How much services sales experinece do you have

1 Answer

I was asked how I would approach the work?

1 Answer

They didn't ask about my skill sets and what I have done at all which was odd. Mostly why I wanted to work there, about what kind of person I am, and how I like to work with others.

1 Answer

They didn't ask me any questions. They didn't qualify me for the position whatsoever. Just started the call and immediately went into a pitch. I had to stop her mid pitch to actually get to some useful questions.

1 Answer

Why do you think you could do this job?

1 Answer

What key metrics would you use to measure success in your role?