Director Product Management Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Director Product Management Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Director product management interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

There were a few phases of homework involved. One was to create specs for a competitor's next product. One was to do a competitive analysis on a few people in the space. Both very real-life situations so I thought that was a great way to dig into candidate's capabilities and to see how they thought about specs and analysis they do. I've never worked harder and been more impressed with an interview cycle.

1 Answer

Key to both the spec for a feature and for the competitive analysis wasn't to go deep as much as to have really good ideas and observations. How it was written up wasn't so important.

What is your favorite feature on Facebook. Why?

1 Answer

There were no odd questions, it was along my experience and what my expectations are from the role. I had done some earlier analysis on the popularity of the platform among the Physicians at KP. I felt quite soon there was a culture mismatch. This group seemed very close-minded.

2 Answers

Q. Tell me a product you like and how would you improve it?

How do you determine what features should be on a website or mobile app, taking into account the evolution of mobile in the next 4-5 years?

Tell me about a problem you had to overcome and how you handled it.

1. Name one software product that you think is the best and why? 2. What kind of experience do you have in designing complex products in enterprise space? 3. What design approach have you used? 4. Explain & whiteboard the end-to-end design of one of your products 5. What challenges you faced and how you addressed them? 6. What was the marketing message? 7. Why are you looking for a change? etc.