Graphic Designer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor
Graphic Designer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Graphic Designer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

In preparation for an interview, come ready to discuss your portfolio at length as well as your design process and what design software you are familiar with. Graphic design positions can be very specific to the company so make sure you brush up on the company's current design style and are ready to explain how your style and experience will mesh.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about your favorite project.

3 Answers

I ran into my portfolio and talked about that project/process.

This is a common question so prepare thoroughly. Run through your creative process, iterations, and outcome of the project.

Where my computer crashed and I recreated all my projects with a new eye for design. Sometimes it’s about revamping instead of recollecting and my new project was better than the project that was lost. I am a creator and I want to always create🥰

What companies would you like to work for?

1 Answer

How fast can you type? Can you take dictation?

1 Answer

What don't you like about the company's work?

1 Answer

Besides behavioral and technical questions, they asked me why I would be a good fit and how I engage in social causes.

1 Answer

Are you good with working with a variety of personalities?

1 Answer

Honestly it was, what do you think of Madmen, and what was my favorite thing about the show? I had been going on tons of interviews so all the normal general questions were a breeze, but I had never really watched Madmen yet, and because I came from an advertising school, I guess it was expected out of me to know more about the show. HAH!

1 Answer

They asked me if I know how to maintain a text format in its original form while using vector format and enlarge it to 3000 x 3000 pixels.

2 Answers

They asked about my marketing background, of which I had little, however at the level of the position this was not as much of an issue as previously thought.

1 Answer

My availability for temporary or temp to hire positions.