Internal Auditor Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Internal Auditor Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

"As an internal auditor, it's your job to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of a company's financial and operational activities. Interviewers are looking for analytical individuals that can provide objective assessments of risk management, control, and governance processes. Expect interviewers to put your decision making skills to the test with situational questions involving different risk management issues. Employers prefer candidates with a finance or accounting background who have an understanding of how businesses run, so be ready to discuss your technical business knowledge."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Explain your strengths and weaknesses. Why do you want to work for our company.

CFO made it very clear that he was willing to fire someone in the first few months of job if they did not meet his expectations. Then waited for a response.

1 Answer

The first question was on safety which kinda threw me because who thinks of safety in an office environment? Some pretty hard technical questions. I'd hate to go through that without real experience because they'll catch you if you don't have it.

1 Answer

Experience in the academic setting.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time where you had to lead a team when others were down

They gave a case study which we had a day to prepare for. Besides that, the interview was pretty much just behavioral. In the second interview, we had to do a few group activities like a skit about the history of the company and were given a variety of props to do so. Overall I thought it was a fun and a low-stress interview!

Name an example when you dealt with a conflict in a group project.

Tell me about a time that you had to meet a tight deadline.