Product Manager Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Product Manager Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Often considered the "CEO" of their product area, product managers oversee the strategy, production, and implementation of a particular product. Because product management teams include members from different backgrounds such as engineering, design, and data design, product managers must have strong communication skills and excel in cross-functional work environments. Expect to answer questions about your management abilities, prioritization skills, and experience working in product. Though not required, technical backgrounds are advantageous particularly when applying for roles at tech companies.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If John Locke from lost was running for president of the island what would be his campaign slogan.

4 Answers

I said I would never attack the oposite position but lay landmines of them. "John Locke, the reliable and visionary choice for the future."

"Don't ever tell us what we can't do. Ever."

Learn how to walk again before we can run!

If Pocket Gems had a bunch of new game ideas, how should we pick the best one?

4 Answers

There is a data point that indicates that there are more Uber drop-offs at the airport than pick-ups from the airport. Why is this the case and what would you do within the product to change that?

3 Answers

"You're the CEO of Garmin, and with smartphones on the rise your company is rapidly becoming irrelevant. How do you get Garmin on the cover of Wired magazine?" It was one of those throw-you-for-a-loop, see how you handle it questions.

1 Answer

What are the important metrics used in our games?

1 Answer

How technical of a PM are you?

2 Answers

1. How would you prioritize resources when you have two important things to do but can't do them both? 2. Why do you want to work for Facebook?

2 Answers

walk me through your career history

1 Answer

What product in the market place to you thing is well marketed and positioned?

1 Answer

How would you design a site to scale?