Technical manager Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Technical manager Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

"When hiring a technical manager, an employer will look for candidates with the management skills and industry knowledge to oversee company projects that require members to have large amounts of technical knowledge, usually in the form of programming and software development. Some of the interview questions you may be asked will target your management experience and philosophy while others will focus on your understanding of the technical processes you will be working with in the project."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Q: Describe a situation where you disagreed with a superior about a project direction? How did you handle it?

5 Answers

A: I picked an example and described how I would meet with the person directly to find out reasons for the opposition, discuss compromises and ultimately come to some type of resolution. I hate this type of question. I get it. They want to see how you work/think during certain situations. But seriously, this is inane.

No coding questions. System design only at a very high-level.

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

The somewhat tired, four people need to cross a bridge which can only support two people at a time plus the lantern they need to see their footing. How long does it take if Person 1 takes 1 minute to cross, #2 takes 5 minutes to cross, #3 takes five minutes, and #4 takes 10 minutes.

2 Answers

Describe a scenario where an employee or peer hadn't met professional expectations. How did you deal with this situation to correct?

2 Answers

What do you think are the three most important qualities of a successful technical program manager?

2 Answers

How do you solve conflict?

3 Answers

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

"What is CPM?" This was followed with "cost per thousand what?" "What is CTR?" "How is it calculated?"

2 Answers

thinking questions - what can be reasons your scene will render black?

2 Answers

How would you design a messaging app? The whole client/server architecture at a block diagram level, peppered with questions about specific protocols, etc.

3 Answers

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Interview process started in the month of October 2018 and got dragged up to January 2019. I had two phone screens and then Face to face with four people onsite. Everything went well, the feedback was positive, HR asked for 3 professional references and the feedback has been collected. Everything went well till here (though the process was very slow). The recruiter and program manager said they were working with HR and Legal team on finalizing the Offer. Suddenly I had a call with the HR and they say, they cannot move forward with me and my candidature. Seriously, i did not expect this, and i don't get to hear the proper reason why was my candidature not accepted. This is truly disappointing and unprofessional.

1 Answer

Do you have agricultural background? How do you feel with working with human waste Do you work well on your own. Are you organized What is college background What is your experience in agriculture What is experience with environmental law and regulations pertaining to hazardous and non hazardous materials?

1 Answer