Web Developer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Web Developer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Web developer interviews are heavy in technical questions. Expect questions that will test your understanding of relevant programming languages such JavaScript and CSS, general web functions, and design experience with web services like REST and SOAP. As a designer, you will likely be asked to show examples of past projects or websites.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the difference between GET and PUT?

1 Answer

as noted by the_coder: "You probably mean get and post. Get uses the URL to send the information to the server, while Post places it in the HTTP message body. That's probably a sufficient answer for a recruiter. If you're talking to an engineer, he'll probably ask when you'd use one over the other. That's opening a different can of worms." and also to answer when to use one over the other: http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_get.asp

There are a lot of questions about database design and indexes in particular.

1 Answer

Consider the Facebook and Google+ websites and UI/UX. What do you like about each one? What don't you like? Which one do you like better?

1 Answer

Has it been difficult to be a woman in development?

1 Answer

Json parsing in AngularJS and MySQL design questions.

1 Answer

Generics, wcf services, Web page life cycle.

1 Answer

Write a function using the provided helper functions to display the weather in the five chosen cities.

1 Answer

I didn't have to answer many questions. The only one I remember was something like, if I were having trouble meeting an impending deadline, what would I do?

1 Answer

Second question was not really a question but a very healthy session of pair programming where I was speaking and a senior developer was coding. He chose JAVA and we were creating a list data-structure (with add, count, delete) operations. The catch was that we were going to do it TDD style. So I guided him on what kind of test we can write and how to pass that test and so on. We kept doing it and in 45 minutes we had a very well tested working list data structure.

1 Answer

An enumerator is a class with getNextObject method. It encapsulates the container. Write an enumerator. Next, write a new enumerator called chained-enumerator which is initialized by two other enumerators. Finally, how would you make it work with N enumerators. I had to write the logic for getNextObject for the most part (and any other internal state I wanted to manage).