Account Executive Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Account Executive Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

"When hiring account executives, employers are looking for candidates with the communication and sales skills to find and acquire new clients. In an interview, be ready to discuss your experience sourcing new business opportunities, familiarity with sales strategies, and ability to close deals with clients."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Give me an example of a time you showed leadership in a decision and what was the result.

1 Answer

The answer they are looking for is in 3 parts. 1. State the situation. 2 State your actions 3. Give successful results.

Give me an example of when you turned a bad experience into a positive experience for a customer

1 Answer

Do you mind making cold calls? Do you think you would have an issue making 80+ outbound phone calls a day? what motivates you? (they want to hear money)

1 Answer

What was one situation where you over came a difficult sales situation?

1 Answer

I was asked by the general manager to role play. He wanted to hear my pitch and sell him a pen. I grabbed the pen and told him if he didn't buy the pen I would stick it in his eye. He toldme that was the most creative pitch he had ever heard.

1 Answer

basic to some moderate top grading formatted questions...nothing hard.

2 Answers

Why are you leaving your current company?

1 Answer

Role play how to sell a candidate.

1 Answer

What was my W2 last year.

1 Answer

how much did I sell in revenue last year? It's on my resume.....did they read it? What are my strengths....what are my weaknesses? I felt they may not attract strong talent as they are so conservative during a time of great change in the industry