Account Executive Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Account Executive

Account Executive Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

"When hiring account executives, employers are looking for candidates with the communication and sales skills to find and acquire new clients. In an interview, be ready to discuss your experience sourcing new business opportunities, familiarity with sales strategies, and ability to close deals with clients."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you mind making cold calls? Do you think you would have an issue making 80+ outbound phone calls a day? what motivates you? (they want to hear money)

1 Answer

I answered that I do not mind making phone calls, it is a major part of any sales position. They mostly want to hear that you are self motivated and willing to put in the work. They are looking to see if you would be a good cultural fit with the rest of the team.

What was one situation where you over came a difficult sales situation?

1 Answer

I was asked by the general manager to role play. He wanted to hear my pitch and sell him a pen. I grabbed the pen and told him if he didn't buy the pen I would stick it in his eye. He toldme that was the most creative pitch he had ever heard.

1 Answer

What do you think will be the hardest part about working as an account executive here?

1 Answer

They really like you to "CLOSE" your interviews, ask what the next steps are, try to sell yourself.. Most questions were general, about my education, background, why I am interested in working for Indeed.

1 Answer

basic to some moderate top grading formatted questions...nothing hard.

2 Answers

Why are you leaving your current company?

1 Answer

What do you think Linkedin brings thats different from other recruiting mediums

1 Answer

Give me an example of a time you showed leadership in a decision and what was the result.

1 Answer

Give me an example of when you turned a bad experience into a positive experience for a customer