Business Analyst Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor
Business Analyst Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Business Analyst Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

When interviewing a candidate for a business analyst role, employers are looking to assess your analytical problem-solving skills as well as your communication and collaboration skills. Be prepared to analyze a business case study and answer behavioral questions that often test your ability to handle challenging stakeholders or tight deadlines. Business analysts must also be creative thinkers, so expect to tackle a few unusual brainteasers that are designed to see how well you can think through a complex problem.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you know what ERP is?

2 Answers

No, I do not know much about it. I believe that it stands for Enterprise... something. - I was told not to worry about that. They will train me. The truth is, I do not have an IT background and I am not interested in a career in IT. I do not want to train in a new field that I do not have a personal interest. They never asked if I wanted to become a IT person.

Enterprise Resource Planning

Explain a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.

1 Answer

Nothing difficult, basic BA questions, what will you do if you face conflicting requirements.

1 Answer

What would you do when faced with a request from a high-level executive that would cause the team an additional amount of manual work?

1 Answer

Are you open to relocation?

1 Answer

Do you have an IT background?

What was my rate?

1 Answer

Explaining what I have been doing since my lay-off.

1 Answer

The asked questions pertinent to the job description but really wanted detailed, step-by-step answers for how you solved a problem, would tackle a problem, or how you would approach a problem, based on your past experience.