Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Mechanical Engineer

Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

"When interviewing candidates for the role of mechanical engineer, employers look for candidates who are enthusiastic to create innovative designs, analyses, and methods of production for mechanical systems. Expect to answer engineering questions that will assess your knowledge of the field as well as your creative problem-solving abilities to turn a theoretical device into a real product. In addition, come ready to discuss examples of past projects or designs and how you would excel in a team-oriented setting."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Mainly about my backround and experience. A few technical questions. Mainly Thermo and pumps. University level. Interviewer drew sketches about thermo systems and asked what came to his mind.

1 Answer

Not sure if it was good or bad. I think it was ok. I was prepared for everything else but thermo

how would you size a pump. what is your experience in design. what industrial projects have you worked on.

tell him one design model you feel most difficult

All behavioral, hardest question was "when have you applied something you learned in class to a problem that was not related to course material"

No typical interview questions. It was more walking them through my resume and describing past projects.