Project Manager Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Project Manager Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

As a project manager, it is your job to oversee the creation and execution of company projects and ensure that all team members stay on track to meet deadlines. Expect interview questions that will assess your ability to lead a group and communicate effectively to members with different roles and varying concerns. As the scope, schedule, and cost of a project can change frequently, the interviewer may ask you to role-play a few scenarios in which a project deadline changes or several group members leave the company.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The job description is an exact description of the job, and describes the position precisely. But if you insist, where are you having problems with the job description?

2 Answers

(thought to self, ho-boy this is not going well at all), Yes there is the 'issue input' section I'd like to ask about. Being from outside the company I am interested in how you, your group is notified of the issues, how are they characterized, categorized, and tracked? But before we go into that do you have a general set of questions you need to ask me, we could do that 1st.

Ouch, what a question after such a good response. I hope it was testing you rather than scolding you?

If you could be any animal what would it be? and why?

2 Answers

Did you have an opportunity to review the job description?

2 Answers

How is your job search going? Who were your customers? We can only submit 3 candidates to the client and your not in list.

1 Answer

Technical question from the IT person

1 Answer

How do you manage being over budget on a project

1 Answer

How do you deal with cross functional teams?

How does Paypal make money

1 Answer

Tell me about the network architecture and products you used on previous projects.

1 Answer

What's your project management style? What tool you use for project management? How you manage risk?

110 of 115 Interview Questions