Sales Associate Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Sales Associate Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

"When hiring sales associates, employers are looking for charismatic candidates who can provide helpful advice to customers and close sales. Be prepared to answer a few scenario questions that will assess your ability to handle difficult customers, sell a product, or excel on a team. Previous sales experience is an advantage, but not necessary."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

repeated questions about where EXACTLY I currently work.

2 Answers

i see that i left part of my review out. one of my interviewers was a top scientist in a well known reserach lab and i took time out if his non-stop schedule to educate him on anatomage and how he would be contacted. never happened.

this is a 3 part review I guess; i meant to write on of my letter writers was a top scientist in a well known research lab....

If a customer came in and wanted to return an item they had obviously used extensively with not receipt what would you do?

2 Answers

How would you make a connection with the customers?

Why should we hire you?

1 Answer

Most questions were pretty straight forward such as what is customer service or how you would deal with a difficult customer. The question that I did notice potential applicants get caught of guard was how do you prevent Loss Prevention. The reason to this was because most people don't know that this is another form of asking how do you prevent theft within the store.

1 Answer

If one of the customers was angry about the store policy how would you explain him or her in a polite way that it is a rule

1 Answer

Do you have experience in retail?

1 Answer

what can you bring to our company?

1 Answer

She asked me to sell something out of my purse as an example, threw me totally off guard.

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for us? If you were to be dealing with a problem, how would you resolve it?

110 of 374 Interview Questions