Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Senior Software Development Engineer

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Senior software development engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A couple of questions on extracting bits from a bit stream, a couple of higher level questions on an actual embedded programming problem. There was the usual simple "algorithmic" question where the solution is to either sort the data or put it into a hash map. The bar-raiser technical interviewer asked a few fairly meaningless "tell me about a hard technical problem you solved, etc."-type questions - these are a mandatory part of the Amazon interview process and the whole conversation felt somewhat meaningless. Overall I enjoyed meeting with the SDEs much more than with the bar-raiser.

1 Answer

I've heard that to get a good offer you need to impress the bar-raiser (and to say nice things about Amazon) so I did my best at that. The technical questions required a good amount of work on paper / whiteboard, the sort of level that you'll do well if you're experienced and well prepared but otherwise you could fail pretty badly.

"We can't tell you what you'll be working on"

OOPS

1 Answer

In my field, ask more about bit field, linked list and hardware debugging skill, like i2c spec, but the most difficult one is to find all errors in a function.

In Spring IOC , If an inner bean is defined with an id, can you use this id to fetch the bean from the container ?

Coding: Binary Tree "expression" parser

1 Answer

HashMaps & Priority Queues based: How to retrieve recent 5 queries that was searched on AWS dashboard

1) About 8 different questions from Leadership skills