Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Software engineers write programs to design and develop computer software. Interviews are highly technical, so come ready to work through coding problems and math brainteasers. The specific questions you are asked will depend on what type of programming position you are looking for. Try researching a specific software discipline such as web development, application development, or system development.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Given two integer arrays. Find the Largest Common sub array. For example, arr1 = {1,2,3,2,3,2} arr2={2,2,3,3,4,5}, the largest common sub array is {2,2,3,3}

8 Answers

I try to an array as a hash table. index is the element, value is the times the element appears in arr1, and then traversal arr2, with the hash table. The problem of my algorithm is that I need to know the range of the arrays' element value, because I need to use that to define the size of my array. The interview asked me if I was familiar with the STL hashmap, which i was not

Was this asked in phone interview ?

sort + join - looks like the answer

Questions related to data structures like "What data structure would you use for a browser's BACK & FORWARD ability"

6 Answers

Given a matrix print it clockwise from the first element to the very inner element.

6 Answers

n= 20 for (i=0;i<n; i--) print i the question was to change or replace a only one character in for loop to print 20 times.

5 Answers

CODING (weight: 50%) The string "PAYPAL IS HIRING" is written in a zigzag pattern on a given number of rows like this: (you may want to display this pattern in a fixed font for better legibility) P A H N A P L S I I G Y I R And then read line by line: PAHNAPLSIIGYIR Write the code that will take a string and make this conversion given a number of rows: String convert(String text, int nRows); convert("paypalishiring", 3) should return "pahnaplsiigyir"

6 Answers

Write a probability formula to tell how many bits will be changed when 1 is added to a 32 bit binary number.

11 Answers

Consider the following function: int f (int num) { int out = 0; for (; num > 0; num /= 10) { int d = num % 10; out *= 10; out += d; } return out; } 1) What does it do? 2) Write the same algorithm using recursion

5 Answers

Assuming a preexisting list of 100 words, how would you efficiently see if a word received from input is an anagram of any of the 100 words?

4 Answers

Write a program to reverse a string

3 Answers

How to retrieve a file with a specific string or keyword using UNIX command line

3 Answers