staff software engineer interview questions shared by candidates
How many race heats are needed to find the 3 fastest pinewood derby cars out of a field of 8, if only 4 cars can run at a time (assuming that every car will always run the way/speed and each lane is exactly equivalent)?
Each heat rules out 1 car (that cannot be one of the 3 fastest).
so is the answer 4 heat 1 (first 4 car) + 1 (4 second set) + 1( Top 2 from first + Top 2 from second set) + 1 (3 car heat among the 3rd placed car)
Only two races of four cars in each. Get the times of all cars and sort them. You don't need any more races because the times will be the same in subsequent races. :)
7. A windowless room contains three identical light fixtures, each containing an identical light bulb or light globe. Each light is connected to one of three switches outside of the room. Each bulb is switched off at present. You are outside the room, and the door is closed. Before opening the door you may play around with the light switches as many times as you like. But once you've opened the door, you may no longer touch a switch. After this, you go into the room and examine the lights. How can you tell which switch goes to which light?
What version number of MondoDB. The guy wanted the version number of the software. major-minor version release. Thats all. Difference between Inheritance & Composition. What is Apache Camel used for? Big(O) notation complexity for all Data Structures asked in Random like pop question. API details questions on java concurrent utils. What is LifeLock (Livelock) and DeadLock? What is the algorithm behind TreeMap?
See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs
- Software Engineer
- Member of Technical Staff
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Software Development Engineer
- Senior Member of Technical Staff
- Staff Engineer
- Software Engineer Intern
- Staff Software Engineer
- Software Engineer III
- Software Engineer II
- Principal Software Engineer
- QA Engineer
- Software Engineering
- Systems Engineer
- Senior Software Development Engineer
- Member of Technical Staff, Software Engineer
- Software Development Engineer II