Satellite Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Satellite Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Satellite systems engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

I guess the only one I can think of, and it caught me kinda off guard, was when he asked what salary I expected. Well since I was currently employed and ESP was the one who sought me out for employment, I knew about what the normal salary range was at the time for that specific position and I added another $10,000 on top of it because I didn't really need another job and expected him to at least say, well, let that be a target figure and then tell me a lower amount. That didn't happen and he immediately said, OK, when can you start! I was kinda speachless for a few moments and had to gather my thoughts because that was completely un-expected. Jim Hoffman was and still is, one of the most honest and someone I will always respect.

1 Answer

My time with ESP and meeting and getting to know Jim Hoffman, will be one of the greatest corner stones to me and the only thing I regret about getting layed off, isn't anger toward ESP or Jim Hoffman but how the government and other parties to remain unknown, took a great company and man with a great vision and dream, kicked it to the curb like a piece of trash. Jim said he made ESP for the workers and to his last days at ESP, he stood up and behind his words.

Talk about a time you failed at a task and what you learned from it.

None of the questions were overly difficult. There were a few basic behavioral ones and minor clarification about my background. The interviewer led the questions a bit (which I didn't expect, but this did make things even easier). I didn't feel that the questions gave a complete picture of my experience and me, so I wound up adding a lot to the interview by leading my own inputs and drawing from the discussion to mention more about myself. She seemed to like this, however, it did draw out the interview process a lot longer than I would have prefered. I didn't have a resume that matched the KSA's exactly, however, I did have a strong referral, and I did my best to clarify my experience and attributes that would translate well. Despite being "entry level" in experience (despite years in a slightly differrent field), I was given a position as a level-2 employee (still entry-level, but considered a big jump up from brand-new.) I think this is fair, as I'm essentially changing career fields and don't have a lot of experience in the new one.

Tell me about a time you found a better way to do something and how you implemented it.

Modulations schemes, MIMO, Adaptive modulation, Alamouti Receiver, coding schemes

RF Filter topologies Chebychev and butterworth difference How did u design and tested them in lab

110 of 15 Interview Questions