School counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for school counselor

School counselor Interview Questions

"Schools look to counselors to provide their students with academic, career, and emotional support. In an interview context, come prepared to discuss how you would motivate students to succeed in the classroom, provide effective input on career development, or tend to an emotionally tense situation."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is your general attitude toward disciplining children?

3 Answers

I said that kids need structure, but it's important to be flexible and patient and always to remember what it was like to be a kid.

Nice, Hard Spanking, WITH THE BELT! and if they continue, pepper spray on the genitals.

Where I work we just tell them. There are consequences for actions. If you make a bad choice, you may lose 5 minutes of something for example, if you make good choices, sometimes you get rewarded, but we always praise good choices.

How do you intervene with at risk students?

2 Answers

Interviewer asked how a Counselor should and would work with a family who doesn't respond to communication and doesn't show much interest in working with the School Counselor. Interviewer also asked how a Counselor should handle a case of suspected child abuse.

2 Answers

How well do you do under pressure with children?

2 Answers

Why are you applying for this position? What would you say is your main goal as a school counselor? What do you do for self-improvement?

2 Answers

What is your childcare experience?

What are your strengths?

1 Answer

What are your thoughts on continuing education?

How old are you?

1 Answer

How do you handle difficulties?

110 of 140 Interview Questions