School psychologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

School psychologist Interview Questions

"When hiring school psychologists, employers are looking for trained applicants with the experience and knowledge to create a safe learning environment for their students and staff. Expect to answer questions about your background in the field, preferred methods of assessment, and experience working with children. You should also be ready to answer situational questions that will evaluate your ability to handle difficult cases such as a violent student. While all school psychologists are required to hold a master's degree, many have a doctorate or specialist degree."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many years of experience do you have? Which school level you feel more comfortable to work? What difficult experience do you have in IEP meetings?

1 Answer

I have 33 years of experience in education. I feel more comfortable working on Middle School level because I have a great experience working with elementary and high school. I believe that the Middle School level balance my experience. I have to supported the IEP team accused of discrimination in GA. I used the school logo to explain parents the importance of behavior to improve academics. I invited parents to support the SPED teacher to understand her in the process of teaching and learn how to do the process when they will work at home with their child. Parents accepted my invitation, understood the teacher, assisted their child to improve behavior and academics, and involved with the school.

Can you handle a full caseload for all disability categories, testing, reporting, conferencing and scheduling?

2 Answers

Why did I want to work in the district.

1 Answer

My experience of this interview was to be mindful, prepared for any and all questions, be able to acknowledge if a question is difficult or not appropriate.

1 Answer

How do I prioritize my workload?

1 Answer

What assessments are you most comfortable and familiar with? What grade level of student are you most comfortable assessing? What is your understanding of RTI? What are your recommendations to our school division to address the School Psychologist shortage?

1 Answer

They started with Tell us about yourself

1 Answer

Be prepared for questions regarding comparison of social maladjustment vs. emotional disability, manifestation determinations, how to facilitate a MET, handling challenging parents, disagreement among team members in a meeting and be familiar with various test instruments.

1 Answer

How do you tell a parent their child is ID?

1 Answer

where do you want to take your career now that you have finished school.

110 of 56 Interview Questions