Science teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for science teacher

Science teacher Interview Questions

science teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Is it important to you to be friends with your students?

3 Answers

There is a difference between being "friends" and being "friendly". I strive to be friendly to all people at all times and I believe this attitude helps build rapport between students and their teachers; however, I do not believe it is appropriate to establish friendships between students and teachers.

this answer sounds terrific. just wondering if it would add any value by stretching the reason for this clear distinction in terms of why this distinction is so important. any comments from HR specialists???

This is a TRAP! The answer is NO. Exemple : "I have a very good relationship with my student and it is based on mutual respect. I represent the authority in the classroom. This does not mean that I can't listen to them, or communicate, give them advices and be accessible. But establishing friendship with my student would cross the line, and I would not do that".

Where should a teacher be in the classroom during class time? (ie. should the teacher stay up at the board, back at their desk or walk about the room)

3 Answers

What can you bring to DSST?

1 Answer

I was asked specifically what techniques I would employ to reach a non-participating student, and/or one with cultural differences from my personal experience.

1 Answer

How important is it to be friends with your fellow teachers?

1 Answer

The school has fairly high academic achieves but we have some students who are tested at very low levels. -how can you teach these different levels in one class and reach your goals?

1 Answer

I was asked about my teaching experience.

1 Answer

Would you be willing to consider going to graduate school to obtain a Masters degree?

1 Answer

How would you handle an agitated parent during a parent-teacher conference?

1 Answer

What made you feel like you qualified for this position?

110 of 164 Interview Questions