Scientific associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scientific associate Interview Questions

scientific associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Asked me to go into detail about a paper I had published several years ago.

3 Answers

I did my best to answer it, but honestly it had been a while since I worked on those projects. Still I should have been more prepared.

How long did they respond to set up the in house interview after you did the phone screen.

Very quickly. There was a holiday in-between so the in-house wasn't that soon after, but we scheduled the date for the in house within a few days. I'm an exception because after several poor candidates they found me and had to get a commitment by a certain date. Usually its going to take a while

Asked to extract numbers from a list of alphanumeric strings. For example if string is "qw34rt56", new list should contain 34 and 56. New list should have unique numbers and should be in ascending order. They requested write complete code and tell over the phone.

2 Answers

Why do you want to work here?

1 Answer

Who is the current CEO of MD Anderson?

1 Answer

Most of the questions were during the presentation, to understand how you think about and analyze research and clinical data. During the individual interviews, they mostly wanted to know how you felt about the assignment and the stages/steps taken to achieve the end goal.

1 Answer

Role play, a bit ridiculous for a PhD-level/scientific editor position. This should have been the first red flag.

Why Genentech?

1 Answer

You do not have a biology background, why are you interested in this position and what can you bring to the job?

1 Answer

Would you be comfortable in a management role?

1 Answer

Are you willing to complete a take-home test?

110 of 168 Interview Questions