Analyst Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Analyst Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

"Analysts work in a variety of fields to break down complex problems and find solutions. When interviewing candidates, employers are looking for applicants who have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the field. For more information on the specific questions you'll be asked, try researching a particular role such as business analyst, financial analyst, programming analyst, or data analyst."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you give about giving a presentation without preparation or knowledge of the subject?

5 Answers

Job description said NOTHING about giving presentations nor did anyone offer that this would be a quality expected of a BA when directly asked about it (if so, I would have prepared an adequate response). That information was deliberately withheld from me in an effort to trip me up in the formal interview.

I'd answer this by saying that these were actually two different questions - how one feels about giving a presentation on something you have knowledge about but on the fly, versus how one feels about giving a presentation about which one lacks knowledge. Clearly, the first situation would be preferable.

I guess you could see it that way, but it wasn't that way at all. By virtue of the fact that they wouldn't move on to the next topic/question after it was answered, it was clear to me that this was a question intended to disqualify/trip me up.

How would you respond to a customer who encountered a problem with a product or service.

1 Answer

What would you do if you were told to just reproduce an existing report for requirements?

1 Answer

Write an inner join between two tables.

3 Answers

Write a SQL query that will produce the 10Th largest salary from an Employees table.

3 Answers

I was aske to specify as many ways to return the rowcount in the table.

3 Answers

You have no real world experience with what this job requires. If presented with an assignment/project with real world demands and deadlines, how will you meet these needs?

2 Answers

How would you figure out how many balls could fit in a 747 Give a business presentation based on a case study and 15 mins of prep

2 Answers

What is the difference between a manager and a leader?

2 Answers

If you have two SQL database tables that are not joined together, how would you create another table to join them.

110 of 1,552 Interview Questions