Analyst Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Analyst Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

"Analysts work in a variety of fields to break down complex problems and find solutions. When interviewing candidates, employers are looking for applicants who have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the field. For more information on the specific questions you'll be asked, try researching a particular role such as business analyst, financial analyst, programming analyst, or data analyst."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you give about giving a presentation without preparation or knowledge of the subject?

5 Answers

Job description said NOTHING about giving presentations nor did anyone offer that this would be a quality expected of a BA when directly asked about it (if so, I would have prepared an adequate response). That information was deliberately withheld from me in an effort to trip me up in the formal interview.

I'd answer this by saying that these were actually two different questions - how one feels about giving a presentation on something you have knowledge about but on the fly, versus how one feels about giving a presentation about which one lacks knowledge. Clearly, the first situation would be preferable.

I guess you could see it that way, but it wasn't that way at all. By virtue of the fact that they wouldn't move on to the next topic/question after it was answered, it was clear to me that this was a question intended to disqualify/trip me up.

How would you respond to a customer who encountered a problem with a product or service.

1 Answer

What would you do if you were told to just reproduce an existing report for requirements?

1 Answer

Write an inner join between two tables.

3 Answers

I was aske to specify as many ways to return the rowcount in the table.

3 Answers

Write a SQL query that will produce the 10Th largest salary from an Employees table.

3 Answers

You have 100grams of gold to distribute evenly among 10 goldsmiths. They are each to make 10 coins of 1 gram each. When you get them back, you know one goldsmith is making coins of 0.9 grams and keeping the rest. Measuring the least amount of times how would you determine which smith is cheating?

4 Answers

The interviewer did a small test during the interview in which the interviewee would have to determine, among a series of "flight paths and customer information," which "purchases" were fraudulent.

2 Answers

You have no real world experience with what this job requires. If presented with an assignment/project with real world demands and deadlines, how will you meet these needs?

2 Answers

How would you figure out how many balls could fit in a 747 Give a business presentation based on a case study and 15 mins of prep

110 of 1,485 Interview Questions