Business Analyst Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor
Business Analyst Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Business Analyst Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

When interviewing a candidate for a business analyst role, employers are looking to assess your analytical problem-solving skills as well as your communication and collaboration skills. Be prepared to analyze a business case study and answer behavioral questions that often test your ability to handle challenging stakeholders or tight deadlines. Business analysts must also be creative thinkers, so expect to tackle a few unusual brainteasers that are designed to see how well you can think through a complex problem.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you give about giving a presentation without preparation or knowledge of the subject?

6 Answers

Job description said NOTHING about giving presentations nor did anyone offer that this would be a quality expected of a BA when directly asked about it (if so, I would have prepared an adequate response). That information was deliberately withheld from me in an effort to trip me up in the formal interview.

I'd answer this by saying that these were actually two different questions - how one feels about giving a presentation on something you have knowledge about but on the fly, versus how one feels about giving a presentation about which one lacks knowledge. Clearly, the first situation would be preferable.

I guess you could see it that way, but it wasn't that way at all. By virtue of the fact that they wouldn't move on to the next topic/question after it was answered, it was clear to me that this was a question intended to disqualify/trip me up.

What would you do if you were told to just reproduce an existing report for requirements?

1 Answer

Write an inner join between two tables.

3 Answers

You have 100grams of gold to distribute evenly among 10 goldsmiths. They are each to make 10 coins of 1 gram each. When you get them back, you know one goldsmith is making coins of 0.9 grams and keeping the rest. Measuring the least amount of times how would you determine which smith is cheating?

4 Answers

You have a table called Order with Cust_ID, Order_Date, Order_ID, Tran_Amt. Select the top 100 customers with high spend over a year long period.

4 Answers

If you have two SQL database tables that are not joined together, how would you create another table to join them.

3 Answers

Describe a time when you or a project you worked on failed.

1 Answer

Why did you leave your last postion?

1 Answer

Explain a business analysis situation that you faced in your previous job that was most challenging and how did you tackle it and what did you learn and what was your strength to solve it?

1 Answer

No questions worth relating as they did not relate to anything I interviewed for at this time.

110 of 366 Interview Questions