Director Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Director Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you handle conflict in the workplace

1 Answer

I try to speak directly with the person first. If situation not resolved, then go up a level. I used a real example to illustrate my answer.

Tell me about your skills with Excel.

2 Answers

Can you do the job described?

1 Answer

Describe a difficult business decision you had to make where a complete data set was not available.

1 Answer

The organization works with a community advisory council - each member has his/her own interests. How have you been able to bring many strong, divergent interests together to support a common mission?

1 Answer

To explain a situation where you were on the brink of losing a major donor for some unspecified or culpable reason, and how you corrected it.

1 Answer

I don't remember any question of this kind.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you liked an employee and no one else did.

1 Answer

Only question asked in our now 8 minute call was " How do you handle CONFLICT both inside the firm as well as with the clients? " THIS WAS THE OPENING QUESTION FROM A CREATIVE/ TECHNICAL FIRM? So after I stated I had heard the same first question from another Seattle leading design firm I concluded that coffee and cloud cover make for less than happy work environments in Seattle. Creative, pressure cooker environments are my playground but this is NOT the first question I would ask of my new hires. Total turn off and a super red flag that you will be swimming with nasty sharks in and out of the office. Creativity is not fruitful when the charge is all negative surrounding the teams.

1 Answer

What do you think about the "DTP"?

110 of 284 Interview Questions