Director Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Director Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you handle conflict in the workplace

1 Answer

I try to speak directly with the person first. If situation not resolved, then go up a level. I used a real example to illustrate my answer.

Why would you want this job when it is in an area where Microsoft has a poor track record of success?

2 Answers

The most unexpected question was "Review this Java code. What's wrong with it?"

2 Answers

Tell me about your skills with Excel.

2 Answers

What has been your experience working with Microsoft clients?

1 Answer

Describe a difficult business decision you had to make where a complete data set was not available.

1 Answer

The organization works with a community advisory council - each member has his/her own interests. How have you been able to bring many strong, divergent interests together to support a common mission?

1 Answer

Questions were specific to the experiences on my resume.

1 Answer

Only question asked in our now 8 minute call was " How do you handle CONFLICT both inside the firm as well as with the clients? " THIS WAS THE OPENING QUESTION FROM A CREATIVE/ TECHNICAL FIRM? So after I stated I had heard the same first question from another Seattle leading design firm I concluded that coffee and cloud cover make for less than happy work environments in Seattle. Creative, pressure cooker environments are my playground but this is NOT the first question I would ask of my new hires. Total turn off and a super red flag that you will be swimming with nasty sharks in and out of the office. Creativity is not fruitful when the charge is all negative surrounding the teams.

1 Answer

What if we changed the role and instead of of selling into a new vertical for us you have to go back to our telecom customers and sell them?

110 of 449 Interview Questions