Executive assistant Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for executive assistant

Executive assistant Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Executive assistant Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Like administrative assistants, executive assistants must demonstrate exceptional organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills. Executives are looking for candidates with impeccable written and oral abilities who can manage typical administrative software. Expect interviewers to ask how you would handle a variety of difficult situations, such as prioritizing multiple deadlines, working well in groups, and defusing irate people.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time where something you planned did not turn out as you expected.

2 Answers

This provides you with an opportunity to discuss how you handle the unexpected and solved for it.

Provides the opportunity to discuss how you overcome failure. What steps you took and what you learned.

What was my background

2 Answers

How do you update an Excel spreadsheet in a PowerPoint presentation?

1 Answer

Why was I interested in working for this company.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you had a challenge?

1 Answer

What qualities are important for an Executive Assistant to have?

1 Answer

Many EAs supporting CEOs can have 'attitudes' because they have to deal with stressful situations dealing with the top brass. How do you handle situations where you are put on the spot with the CEO, CFO?

Why Juno

1 Answer

The last interviewer did not show up.I was called by the recruiter, and apparently she was on vacation and didn't get the memo we were supposed to meet. Again I was flexible with re-scheduling the meeting. She said she couldn't disclose the feedback, but she emphasized it was going really really well, and to keep up my enthusiasm and to keep working my magic on the last interviewer. I was sent over the basic benefits and stock package, I was so confident I had the job, I stopped looking for other positions and put all of my effort into just this position. I was told the re-scheduled meeting would be a phone interview with a past EA, and then one hour before, on the day of the scheduled meeting I got a call saying that it would actually be the person who was on vacation, that they were back now. I felt this was very unprofessional, but as being flexible is a principle at Amazon, I said again, no problem. The phone interviewer called me 10 minutes late, they didn't even apologize for calling late, and immediately this person was extremely rude, cutting me off telling me they didn't have time for my long answers to their questions, as they had meetings after this. I immediately knew that the interview was not going well. I had been recommended by an Amazon employee for this position and the interviewer asked me for his name and position and why he hadn't recommended me for that team as I'd be a much better fit over there. Extremely rude and condescending. I have over 10+ years in the Admin/EA field, and I did not appreciate how rude this person was considering how flexible I had been during this entire 2 month process. I received a call from the recruiter 2 days later saying they had to all meet to compare notes, and I would get a call that Friday with the results. On Friday I was called and told it would be next Tuesday or Wednesday as one of the interviewers was out of the office. I understand Amazon has a strict hiring policy, but I felt I was jerked around quite a bit. I was called on Wednesday and told I did not get the job and that they had promoted someone else from within Amazon (again). After getting that call I called up the other recruiter to ask her about the other 2 positions she had for me, and I was told that "she would keep my resume in mind if anything matched in the future". It was a complete 180 turn around. I have read on other forums that if 1 person in the interview cycle doesn't like you, then they will not hire you. I don't know if this is true or not, but after getting the initial feed back that was so positive from the recruiter, I truly felt I had the job, and would have been a great asset to the Amazon team. I'm not sure if it was the recruiter that was just fluffing me up or if it was the last interviewer, but after all that effort I put in, it was extremely frustrating for me- like cold water on my face. Now I'm back to square one sending out my resume. I really enjoyed visiting the building and getting to experience the culture, and wish a position could have worked out.