General Manager Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

General Manager Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

"Employers hiring general managers are looking for decisive leaders with previous management experience to oversee a department or division in the company. In an interview, be ready to discuss your ability to lead lower-level managers and implement improvements within the business. General managers may join the company directly through management, so interviewers will want candidates who are capable of forming strong relationships with established employees."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Business Model: 1) Launch (how would you launch a grocery business at Amazon?) 2) Growth (what’s the best business model for streaming video?) 3) Pricing (what is the optimal price for the new Twilight book?)

1 Answer

When in doubt, always rely on either the Virtuous Cycle or improving the customer experience as your case framework.

None of the questions were overly difficult or unexpected. The informal setting of my initial interview did throw me for a loop though.

1 Answer

The Behavioral interview was completed in a very by the book method. Managers literally were reading from a script and writing down answers frantically as I provided them. It wasn't until after these necessary questions were completed that it felt like we were able to speak candidly about the position and what they were looking for.

1 Answer

Metrics/Measurement - what is the best metrics to measure performance in DVDs?

Describe your leadership style.

1 Answer

What are some of your strengths that would help you to be successful in this position?

1 Answer

Market Sizing - how many customers in the US shopped on Amazon.com in the past year?

They asked me questions about how I would adapt to working in such a large organization.

110 of 23 Interview Questions