Product Manager Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Product Manager

Product Manager Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Often considered the "CEO" of their product area, product managers oversee the strategy, production, and implementation of a particular product. Because product management teams include members from different backgrounds such as engineering, design, and data design, product managers must have strong communication skills and excel in cross-functional work environments. Expect to answer questions about your management abilities, prioritization skills, and experience working in product. Though not required, technical backgrounds are advantageous particularly when applying for roles at tech companies.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The manager of component 'A' says his functionality is more important than that of component 'B.' The manager of component 'B' says his is more important than that of component 'A.' You can only implement one A or B, but not both - which do you choose to implement.

13 Answers

I reference the Product Plan and select the component w/ the higher priority. The interview says "There is no Product Plan." I say "I select the one w/ the higher ROI." They say "there is no ROI." I say "then I choose the component whose manager has the best rationale."

I would say to do my own research

I would say whichever is more valuable to customer & gives competitive advantage to Amazon.

Tell me how you would scale a social media software platform?

3 Answers

Suppose there is a smart phone API that can give you a person's mood and that there are 100 different moods. There can be varying level of moods, such as happy, very happy, sad, extremely sad, etc. You can also have more than one mood at a time (such as nervous and excited). What app would you create to take advantage of this API?

6 Answers

- What's your most visited websites, what's good/bad, how to improve. - What's a good design you've seen, how to improve

2 Answers

There are 3 cars travelling in a road from point a to pont b, you have to pick one car, which one do you choose?

4 Answers

You're in charge of new business venture x. What do you evaluate in vetting the business potential? Now what is your estimate of the volume we could move (with numbers)?

2 Answers

Read in a stream of numbers, print out the ones that are repeated an odd number of times.

3 Answers

How do you think Amazon may have come up with the $80 fee for the Amazon Prime membership program? - this is a classic pricing question.

2 Answers

3 metrics on how to measure success on a software solution that has just been implemented in the page

3 Answers

Describe what do you write in a functional specification?

110 of 592 Interview Questions