Program Manager Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Program Manager Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Program managers are responsible for overseeing several company projects that are connected by a common goal. Employers are looking for candidates who excel at people management and conflict resolution. Interviewers will want to know about your leadership and multitasking skills, so come ready to discuss a time you were able to successfully motivate a group to meet an imminent deadline or any experience diffusing issues between coworkers.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Given a string like "I'm being interviewed by Amazon" implement a method that reverses the given string so that it looks like "Amazon by interviewed being I'm".

8 Answers

In java: String str = "I'm being interviewed by Amazon"; String pieces[] = foo.split(); String reversedFoo; for (int i = pieces.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) { reversedFoo += pieces[i]; if (i > 0) reversedFoo += " "; } System.out.println(reversedFoo);

we can first reverse the whole string, and then reverse the individual words O(n) complexity

/** * Jun Zheng, Rice Univ * An interview question of Amazon * Java 7, Eclipse * Reverse a sentence, e.g., "Amazon is so gay" to "gay so is Amazon" * @param str * @return */ private String reverseSentence(String str){ str=new StringBuffer(str).reverse().toString(); int j=0; for(int i=0;i

You have a cake. How many straight cuts do you need to divide the cake into 8 equal pieces?

7 Answers

What is the hardest thing in moving a team to Agile?

5 Answers

Given two arrays find all the points of intersection between the (i.e. equal elements) and return them in an array.

4 Answers

how would you trouble shoot a slow download of content on a Kindle device?

3 Answers

Given an array from 0 to n integers containing values 1 through n, write a method that can find any duplicate and return it (note there must be at least one duplicate because of there being more indices than available values). Write a method with "good" running time and space complexity.

3 Answers

Explain how you would design and implement a asking algorithm using Java.

3 Answers

A vaguest ion that was asked in a very general way, but which the interviewer clearly had specific answers he was looking for: "what are four components that are included in every specification doc". That sounded a lot like a thing you would find at Microsoft and similar large companies where process is more strictly defined. I answered poorly, I think, perhaps because I haven't worked with that kind of spec in a very long time, and not on any projects that worked out well. Smaller orgs/programs/projects (startups and incubators, for example, where the outcome is always in flux, as I am accustomed to working with) can have poor specs, specs that are centered on marketing, planning documents that are made up of wireframes and time-based stage gates. In any case, I choked a bit, and the interview kind of skated around and became more specific as we went along. I don't think that is inappropriate, though, because Amazon does value and expect the ability to deal with ambiguity.

4 Answers

Designing and Programming for a physics problem Mathematics: complete divisible numbers to N in a range String modification

2 Answers