Project Manager Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Project Manager Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

As a project manager, it is your job to oversee the creation and execution of company projects and ensure that all team members stay on track to meet deadlines. Expect interview questions that will assess your ability to lead a group and communicate effectively to members with different roles and varying concerns. As the scope, schedule, and cost of a project can change frequently, the interviewer may ask you to role-play a few scenarios in which a project deadline changes or several group members leave the company.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you explain story points to a team who's new to Agile/Scrum?

4 Answers

I said I would talk to them about t-shirt sizing and try several ways to help them understand that story estimation has little to nothing to do with time, rather effort. I also explained that this was a challenging topic for a new team.

Story points should be explained to a team that's new to agile, that it's an agreed upon estimate. Explaining to teams that it's the amount of

Time vs effort.. teams get hung up on time based estimates. And not about the amount of effort it's going to take to accomplish a task/user story.

Diversity question

1 Answer

Do you consider yourself a push over?

1 Answer

Why I was interested in working for the company

1 Answer

What process I would follow to advise them in selecting an ERP vendor

1 Answer

Specific examples of similar work I had done in the past

1 Answer

Transform a Roman Number stored as an integer into a string representation. Use any language. Provided methods for converting any single digit into it's respective character.

1 Answer

How would you implement a lookup/datastore without relying on a RDMS?

1 Answer

You are walking your team through the forrest, there is a river you need to cross but can only cross by walking on a log that is very high. Your team is afraid of heights and water. How do you help get them across.

1 Answer

The general open ended questions are the questions that I was asked; such as, "tell me about your technical expertise," or "tell me about yourself," "tell me how you will be an asset to our company," etc. Again, not the usual interview. It was very laid back and strait forward. Therefore I don't have a point of reference to help out a potential interviewee.

110 of 456 Interview Questions