Security Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Security Administrator Interview Questions

Security administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

There are two directly-connected switches. Assume that they communicate fine on the physical layer. Why can't two hosts with assigned addresses 192.168.100.5/30 and 192.168.100.50/30 communicate with each other? Also assume that network addresses can be used. How would you remedy this by swapping out only ONE of the devices on the network?

3 Answers

The hosts are on two different subnets. Replace one of the switches with a properly-configured router.

the host which assign 192.168.100.5/30 and host 192.168.100.50/30 these subnet is not belong to same subnet

Hypothetically: First, I would clarify if they wanted to switch out one of the switches or simply change the I{ address of one of the hosts to make it part of the same network. If it were the hosts, then the switches don't matter. Second, I would ask if it is important for the switches to have an IP address in addition to the host. If this was the case, then it would fail because you would not have enough addresses available in either subnet to accommodate 4 devices. If it were simply device to device, you wouldn't have to remove anything, just assign a new IP address to one of the hosts as well as update it's default gateway and any relevant DNS entry in the IP configuration screen.

The most difficult question was how to deal with teammates who become problematic and how I would deal with them even though I wasn't a manager.

1 Answer

Which option would I choose AH or ESP? Which is more secure?

Explain IPsec

1 Answer

How would I handle certain situations?

1 Answer

Name a situation in which you, your team, or a project you were assigned to failed. What steps did you take to mitigate that failure?

Troubleshooting Scenarios

1 Answer

What salary are you looking for?

1 Answer

What is something you don't do well?

ACL