Security Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Security Engineer Interview Questions

"When hiring a security engineer, employers want to make sure they select candidates who have the technical knowledge of information security software and hardware to ensure their data will be kept safe in the event of a disaster, whether it be an earthquake or a hacker attack. Before attending an interview for this position, prepare to answer a lot of technical questions that will determine the extent of your understanding of information security systems and how they can be used to protect important data."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you want a job as a QA engineer>?

1 Answer

what is volatile, static ? how would it affect if the static keyword used for big array inside a function? what are sections of memory and what kind of variable is stored where?

3 Answers

Whether I was willing to help the company find additional work, despite not having specific Project Management experience.

1 Answer

How would you secure the following resources in the cloud?

Basically threat modeling/design of a new service within the Segment environment

The questions were fairly routine and simple. They presented a hypothetical scenario and asked that I describe a high-level architecture that addresses the security and why I chose that architecture.

Explain what information is added to a packet at each stop of the 7 layer OSI model.

1 Answer

What's the shortest amount of time that you've seen between code submission and production? How would you implement security in our development cycle? What tools do you use?

Describe HMAC in detail.