Security Guard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Security Guard Interview Questions

"At an interview for a security guard position, you may be asked about your criminal record, availability, and ability to handle difficult, stressful situations on the job. Employers will look for security guards with clean backgrounds who can work obscure shifts and remain calm and collected during potentially dangerous situations. The certification requirements for security guards vary by state, so be sure to read up on any training you must do or registration you will be required to obtain upon receiving the job. To ensure you can be trusted to protect company assets, most if not all employers will require you to undergo an extensive criminal background check during the screening process."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The most difficult question I was asked concerned my availability to work odd shifts on short notice.

1 Answer

I responded by pointing out that in my military service and subsequent civilian jobs, I worked all manner of shifts and hours. If something came up on short notice, all I need is enough time to clean up and get dressed and I would be there.

Have you ever stolen anything from an employer and how much was the value?

1 Answer

What is the best procedure to take if you see someone suspicious lurking in the vicinity.

1 Answer

Have you ever been arrested?

1 Answer

What can you do for our company?

1 Answer

How many years have you been in security?

1 Answer

Do you know how to write a report?

What is your experience?

1 Answer

Will you be here when needed?

1 Answer

How did I hear about the job?

110 of 478 Interview Questions