Security Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Security Sales Interview Questions

Security sales interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The hiring manager basically said "our ideal candidate is someone with years of experience but we can't get that candidate - no one who is successful in the business is going to leave $100K in owed commissions behind to change companies" Basically - We can't have who we want so we have dragged you in - you might do.

2 Answers

How do you respond to a statement like that?

"Thank you for your consideration, but it's obvious we are not a good fit for one another. Goodbye." If you are looking for the ideal job, why settle?

How would you handle someone unexpectedly shouting at you "Get out of my house!". It never happened to me, but apparently sometimes this happened.

1 Answer

Do you have any probably working nights and weekends?

1 Answer

What areas of town are you willing to work in?

1 Answer

First Interviewer posed scenarios of possible situations that would be considered even threatening or potentially dangerous. This was an outside sales position, interviewer asked me to consider that I would be going into neighborhoods that could be crime ridden and that there could be unsavory activity going on near the site/home where the Sales Appointment would be scheduled. Interviewer even hinted that I was too polished and possibly over qualified for the position even though I went through an extensive prescreening process. It would appear that he was seeing if I would become so rattled during the interview, that I would opt out of considering the position. It almost appeared as if he was not “invested” in my qualifications as a potential candidate but rather required to interview me as part of the company’s hiring standards and procedure

1 Answer

The second Interviewer for the "Inside Sales" position was much more polished and professional. In fact at the beginning of the interview he actually stated that his approach was considerably different than the first Interviewer that I encountered. Again, the second Interviewer conveyed that he felt that I was over qualified for the position even though I went through an extensive prescreening process.

1 Answer

Very basic questions about history, salary requirements, etc.

110 of 14 Interview Questions