Senior Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Accountant Interview Questions

"As a senior accountant, employers are looking for your experience to make you a valuable asset to their company. Thus, interviewers will often ask about the previous duties you had with other employers, what kinds of accounting software you are proficient in, and a few brain teasers that will test your accounting knowledge. In addition, be able to provide examples as to how you work through stressful situations, meet close deadlines, and deal with difficult situations."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Procurement what is the function and controls

1 Answer

One thing to be prepared for is the Excel test they may give you. The first part is super easy, but the second part requires you to input financial formulas (most with at least four or five arguments), and it does NOT give you the syntax of the formulas. You also only have two attempts to get each question right, so you can't do trial and error like you might expect. I don't know if the person who designed this Excel test is sadistic or just out of touch, but no normal person with average Excel skills would be able to perform well on this test without memorizing all the financial formulas and their syntax by heart beforehand. I would hope that SDC will address this, but you should be prepared just in case (i.e., memorize all the financial formulas with syntax).

1 Answer

If we called your boss, what would they say about you? ect...

We all have a duty we don't like, what duty don't you like?

Tell about a confrontation you had with a co-worker and how you handled it?

Tell me about yourself and your experience, and a few behavioral questions like "have you ever not followed company procedures and why?"

Tell us about an experience where you screwed up bad?

What was the most challenging tax project I had dealt with in terms of tax complication

91100 of 749 Interview Questions