Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Analyst Interview Questions

3,609

Senior analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

CASE: Cross-selling Credit Insurance to Cardholders direct mail: .50, 1% response rate, avg balance $1000, 5% claim insurance, etc. Profitable? How make more profitable? What if response rate doubled but claims doubled? Make chart of profit curve, what does it mean if..., etc.

12 Answers

This is the strange part about the whole process...I didn't see any of the questions as being "difficult" or "unexpected". I felt that I aced the interviews and then was shot down!

5 Answers

case study: credit card insurance profit per customer cost of mailing $0.5, response rate 1%, average balance per month $1000, insurance charges 1% of average balance monthly, customer claim rate 5% (once insured customer files a claim, the balance will be wiped and C1 lose $1000). Question: profit per customer, graph claim rate vs response rate, graph profit vs response rate and find the response rate for maximum profit (r=1%)

3 Answers

If it is 3:15. how many degrees are between the little and big hand?

5 Answers

Anti-freeze: planning to buy a company with 12.5 in cash, 10% bonds for the remaining amount. Total worth of the company $137.5. assuming there is no discount rate. When will u break-even. And is it a good buy? Part(2) - Anti-freeze is currently priced at $8, with 60% market share; there are other products in the market(A) priced at $7 with 15% market share, (B) at $7 with 7% market share and (c) with $5 and 10% market share. Should we consider decreasing our price by $1 or NOT?

3 Answers

You are the project lead on a plan to roll out a new product in China. What factors would you need to consider and what questions would you need to ask in evaluating the potential for success or failure?

4 Answers

CASE: Recovering Written-off Past Due Balances 6 months past due, avg $2000 balance, 15% pay in full, profitable? If introduce settlement option for 60% of balance, 10% pay settlement but 5% of them dont pay in full, better choice? With new model, now 9% pay in full, but with settlement option now 10% take settlement but a third of original payers dont pay in full, better? etc. (poorly worded and confusing case. unhelpful vague interviewer, arggg, cost me the job).

3 Answers

Why do you want to work at Whirlpool?

2 Answers

Nothing difficult or unexpected, I just did not have answers to all of their "tell me a time when" questions, because in some instances there was no "time when" I am a career financial analyst, I do not have managerial experience. If I had a managerial background I would be writing a review about how well I did and how I got a job offer. Be honest with yourself, they miss a lot in the phone screenings.

2 Answers

How many angels fit on the head of a pin

1120 of 3,609 Interview Questions