Senior applications engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior applications engineer Interview Questions

senior applications engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

We have a pond containing a single bacterium. The number of bacteria double every 5 minutes, and the pond is full of them in 24 hours. If we started with the same pond but two bacteria, how long will it take to fill the pond?

I struggled with this a bit and got close. I believe answer is: 23:55

This is a clear case of Geometric progression. Find the nth term Tn1 = a*r^(n-1). where n = (24 * 60)/5,a = 1 and r=2. when the initial value (a) = 2, the values become n = ?, a = 2 and r = 2. Since Tn1 = Tn2, Equate the RHS of both the equation. Since the base are equal, equate the powers, doing so will give the n value. When n is convert into minutes one get 23 hrs 55 minutes.

this is easy, you don't need all the math. The pond was half full five minutes before, so it's 23:55

There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. 9 of the stacks contain coins that weigh 1g each. The other stack contains coins of 2g each. The coins look the same. We have a scale that we can get a measurement of grams from, not a balance. We can use the scale exactly once to weigh anything here from a single coin to all of them. How can we determine which stack is the 2g coins?

Related to Application Egnine

4 Answers

Onsite - 1. You have a computer with seven core cpu, you have a file and you have to read each line of the file, check if it has the word UPS in it, if so , then write it to a file, if there is no word as UPS in it, write that line to a different file. 2. An amount will be given as input. The amount will have some cents in change. So, for example $29.90. For the change, you have to start using the highest denomination and go to the lowest until the change value is completely met.

2 Answers

What is different between a and b function foo() { a = 4; var b = 5; }

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

How would you bypass change management processes to dynamically change OS JCL streams?

2 Answers

Why do you want this position?

1 Answer

Paraphrased: If you needed to move a house from one side of the mountain to the other, what tools would you need and how would you go about doing it?

1 Answer

The most unexpected question was whether I had thought of using NoSQL databases.

1 Answer

Basic concepts and terms, like PL/SQL

110 of 261 Interview Questions