Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Associate Interview Questions

1,576

Senior associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Estimate size of vehicles fleet in a large city

3 Answers

Tried to approach problem using bottom-up reasoning

This is a simple market-sizing question. Therefore you need to make assumptions on the numbers, for example... Assume large city = 5 million people Assume 60% own a car, the rest use public transport = 3 million people Assume 50% of these people work in an office = 1.5 million people Assume 10% of these people are middle to top mgt = 150K people Therefore size of the vehicles fleet in a large city = 3% of population of the city This is an example of how it can be done. They are not looking for the exact number! They won't to know how you think...how you break a problem down.

"Define" large city to mean 10 million people+, but assume 10 million to keep the math feasible Assume that those living under the poverty line cannot afford cars - this takes 30% or 3 million people out of the running Out of the remaining 7 million people, assume that 30% are under 18 and another 20% are over 65 and thus are unlikely to drive a car themselves This leaves a potential car-owning population of 3.5 Million people Assume that there are 2 types of cities - ones with great public transport (e.g., NYC, San Francisco) and others with poor public transport (e.g., Dallas) In the former, only about 20% of the potential car-owning population is likely to hassle with owning a car, but in the latter 70% of the potential owners may opt for a car. Thus the range of cars that I'd expect to see in a city of 10 million is somewhere between 700K and 2.45M. Oh and by the way, I am assuming that this is a city with enough infrastructure (e.g., roads, parking, gas stations) to support cars for this many people.

Find the sqrt of a number

3 Answers

I was asked for examples for nearly every bullet I had listed on my resume. The interview wasn't extremely technical but did refer to my resume a lot as expected.

1 Answer

How to model people's preference on two credit cards?

1 Answer

Tell me about your background.

1 Answer

Am I available for long overtime hours?

1 Answer

case interview..took longer than I thought..

1 Answer

the classic "tell me about time when..." questions

1 Answer

How would you change the memory parameters on web logic server at run time without having to restart the jvm instance.

1 Answer

"How can Grassroots help you grow as a person?"

110 of 1,576 Interview Questions