Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

"As a senior business analyst, you are being hired for your years as a business analyst, providing you with the experience and guidance that other business analysts need. Interviewers want to see that you are capable of taking on more complex projects by testing your Excel skills, ability to perform an analysis, and leadership in a team setting. Be prepared to focus on your previous experiences with data, multi-tasking, and organizations and how it has all culminated to help you make sound decisions for the company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Why did you get a poor performance review in a past year/in a past position (if you did)?

1 Answer

Describe a good report layout you would propose to senior management that helps analyze the business in a meaningful manner

1 Answer

Have I ever had to fire someone

1 Answer

A typical behavioral interview will be done in two parts, each part will have three questions (six questions total). This part of the interview is focused on the candidate telling how they did something (not what they would do, but what they actually did). Some example questions: 1- Tell me when you had to learn something new at work. 2 - Tell me when you had to convince others to go along with your ideas instead of their own.. etc.. Give as much detail as possible - they want to see people that think independently and not wait around for someone to tell them what to do etc)..

1 Answer

Think of a difficult question and plan your response ahead of time. For example, have your ever implemented a project and found defects?

1 Answer

Explain a business analysis situation that you faced in your previous job that was most challenging and how did you tackle it and what did you learn and what was your strength to solve it?

1 Answer

The questions were based on my experience in the job which I was applying. I also was asked questions by other panel members regarding the degree of interaction I had with those departments, etc.

1 Answer

Typical behavioral questions - "Tell me a time when you..."

1 Answer

This job does not pay as much as a contracting gig. Why would you take something that pays lower?

1120 of 818 Interview Questions