Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

"As a senior business analyst, you are being hired for your years as a business analyst, providing you with the experience and guidance that other business analysts need. Interviewers want to see that you are capable of taking on more complex projects by testing your Excel skills, ability to perform an analysis, and leadership in a team setting. Be prepared to focus on your previous experiences with data, multi-tasking, and organizations and how it has all culminated to help you make sound decisions for the company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

None of the questions were difficult; the side comments seemed to indicate there was a great deal of politics and stress going on. People were impatient and knocking on the window and door during my interview. It did not seem well planned. Of the six interviewers, I was very happy with 5.

1 Answer

What are the various phases of an SDLC process. Name them, no description needed.

1 Answer

Case study - typical consultant style

1 Answer

Explain how you dealt with a difficult coworker

1 Answer

Another surprise was from CIO - The very first question from him was "what is so tough about fixed income?". I was not expecting such a question from a Senior Vice President.

1 Answer

They gave me a question about airline telephones. They wanted me to evaluate the economics of buying out a company that provides telephone service that can be used on airplanes. The parameters were taken from the airline telephone industry back in the 90's when that industry was beginning to fail because of the growth spurt of cell phones.

1 Answer

Why do you want to choose this career as BA when you have been doing QA lead work in the previous jobs

1 Answer

They just wanted to talk to me over the phone, there was no question I could adjust claims.

1 Answer

Why did you leave your previous company?

1 Answer

Cap One is usually collects default accts by calling these customers. Usually 15% of customers pay their accounts off. Now, they are consdering giving an offer to the customers for paying 60% amount. Should we do that or not. Abg balance is $2000. This offer will impact now, that only 10% customers will pay in full and 10% will pay 60% offer. part(b)- since we are stealing our own customers by giving an offer, what is the cannibalization rate? and what is the max. cannibalization rate that Capital One can do to break even?

3140 of 816 Interview Questions