Senior Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Data Analyst Interview Questions

Senior data analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

case study: credit card insurance profit per customer cost of mailing $0.5, response rate 1%, average balance per month $1000, insurance charges 1% of average balance monthly, customer claim rate 5% (once insured customer files a claim, the balance will be wiped and C1 lose $1000). Question: profit per customer, graph claim rate vs response rate, graph profit vs response rate and find the response rate for maximum profit (r=1%)

3 Answers

Can you write the profit equation for credit insurance case. Shouldn't it be P = Rev - Cost = x*(1/100)*1000 - x*(y/100)*1000 - 100*0.5 Where x- response rate, y - claims rate (assumption 100 mails sent) How are u getting the response rate for max profit as 1%. Isn't profit always negative here.

this case is so common that I've seen it more than 4 times on Glassdoor. Aspirant you are wrong because premiums are paid monthly, while loss is assumed yearly. This has already been a "must case" for analysts interviews. If you are tested on this at year of 2013, 2014 and have no idea how to solve it, shame on you.

btw, there is no enough info to determine response rate vs claim rate here. they appears independently in the question. I guess you have to clearly ask for info here.

Prepare 6-7 situations for behavioral questions and be flexible if they questions is not asked in the way as you are prepared. Try to find the character they asked from your prepared examples. Cases are easy, if you make mistake and feel your answer is awkward, ask for help and modify your calc. I did make a mistake. It was a typo carried to next step's calc. And I found out and asked for help, and found out what's wrong with the formula I wrote.

3 Answers

There are always very pointed questions on the exact items that you have worked on. I suggest ensuring you have a good portfolio on how to respond to things like "Speak on one time that you handled a difficult technical situation in a way that most people would consider unusual and effective or 'outside the box'."

1 Answer

Go through the interviews here on Glassdoor. Every single case study and behavioral interview question is already available here.

1 Answer

phone screening- Five 5th grade level mathematical questions Onsite interview- basic behavioral questions

3 Answers

my second case interview where I has to calculate the increase in revenue from campaign

1 Answer

I was asked how I would hack into the network using the phone that was on the desk.

1 Answer

Many suggest the book "Case in Point", and those cases are certainly good. This is a heavily numbers-focused study, so be sure to brush up on financial accounting.

call center

1 Answer

What is the most difficult data table you have worked with?

110 of 145 Interview Questions