Senior Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Data Analyst Interview Questions

Senior data analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

case study: credit card insurance profit per customer cost of mailing $0.5, response rate 1%, average balance per month $1000, insurance charges 1% of average balance monthly, customer claim rate 5% (once insured customer files a claim, the balance will be wiped and C1 lose $1000). Question: profit per customer, graph claim rate vs response rate, graph profit vs response rate and find the response rate for maximum profit (r=1%)

3 Answers

Can you write the profit equation for credit insurance case. Shouldn't it be P = Rev - Cost = x*(1/100)*1000 - x*(y/100)*1000 - 100*0.5 Where x- response rate, y - claims rate (assumption 100 mails sent) How are u getting the response rate for max profit as 1%. Isn't profit always negative here.

this case is so common that I've seen it more than 4 times on Glassdoor. Aspirant you are wrong because premiums are paid monthly, while loss is assumed yearly. This has already been a "must case" for analysts interviews. If you are tested on this at year of 2013, 2014 and have no idea how to solve it, shame on you.

btw, there is no enough info to determine response rate vs claim rate here. they appears independently in the question. I guess you have to clearly ask for info here.

Prepare 6-7 situations for behavioral questions and be flexible if they questions is not asked in the way as you are prepared. Try to find the character they asked from your prepared examples. Cases are easy, if you make mistake and feel your answer is awkward, ask for help and modify your calc. I did make a mistake. It was a typo carried to next step's calc. And I found out and asked for help, and found out what's wrong with the formula I wrote.

3 Answers

All 3 case interviews were about CC - was given credit limit, annual APR, avg monthly balance, processing fee, operational cost etc and was asked to find break even point and a bunch of other info.

1 Answer

Many suggest the book "Case in Point", and those cases are certainly good. This is a heavily numbers-focused study, so be sure to brush up on financial accounting.

1 Answer

Describe how you moved from one job role to the next with your former employer.

1 Answer

How do you deal with the situation when you and your manager is in conflict?

1 Answer

There weren't really any difficult questions that I remember

1 Answer

I was asked how I would hack into the network using the phone that was on the desk.

1 Answer

how would you select common rows between two tables, what is a left outer join? What is the structure of a pl sql block?

1 Answer

Nothing is unexpected, but you need be well prepared in order to show what you got in the way they are expecting.

2 Answers