Senior data analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for senior data analyst

Senior data analyst Interview Questions

senior data analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you test if survey responses were filled at random by certain individuals, as opposed to truthful selections?

5 Answers

I would design the test in a way that certain information is asked two different ways. if two answers disagree with each other I would seriously doubt the validity of the answers.

This is a very basic psychometrics question. Calculate Cronbach's alpha for the survey items. If it is low (below .5), it is very likely that the questions were answered at random.

We need to find the histograms of the questions in the survey to see the distribution of each answer in each question. All question histograms will likely follow the normal distribution if they are truthful selection. If one response with more than of half of total answers being located outside of 95% confidential interval in each histogram, the response will be categorized as random fall out of mean plus tw

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

How would you build and test a metric to compare two user's ranked lists of movie/tv show preferences?

4 Answers

They check for your attitude, your approach and your anxiety level! I solved both the case studies and I know I rocked the behavioral and Data challenge round, but still didn't ended up not being selected, why?

7 Answers

Case 1: Given APR, Interchange fee, Avg monthly balance, Avg spend every month, and loss rate of 3% calculate the profit per customer. Now justify if it is profitable to give cash back to the customers.. Case 2: 2 ways of campaigning for credit cards 1. Email - 10% of applicants become customers - each representative can verify 10 email applications in an hr and is paid $25/hr 2. Chat - 20% of applicants become customers - each representative can respond to 4 applications in an hr and is paid $25/hr Profit per customer in both the cases in $100. which one is profitable email or chat. Draw the graph of profit vs no of applicants Consider a scenario where there are only 5 representatives to handle applications. In this case which one is more profitable email or chat. calculate the breakeven point for the no of representatives where chat will be profitable than email.

4 Answers

Prepare 6-7 situations for behavioral questions and be flexible if they questions is not asked in the way as you are prepared. Try to find the character they asked from your prepared examples. Cases are easy, if you make mistake and feel your answer is awkward, ask for help and modify your calc. I did make a mistake. It was a typo carried to next step's calc. And I found out and asked for help, and found out what's wrong with the formula I wrote.

3 Answers

case study: credit card insurance profit per customer cost of mailing $0.5, response rate 1%, average balance per month $1000, insurance charges 1% of average balance monthly, customer claim rate 5% (once insured customer files a claim, the balance will be wiped and C1 lose $1000). Question: profit per customer, graph claim rate vs response rate, graph profit vs response rate and find the response rate for maximum profit (r=1%)

3 Answers

Technical case interview which is a mix of modelling skills + classical case interview structure

3 Answers

phone screening- Five 5th grade level mathematical questions Onsite interview- basic behavioral questions

3 Answers

Imagine you have N pieces of rope in a bucket. You reach in and grab one end-piece, then reach in and grab another end-piece, and tie those two together. What is the expected value of the number of loops in the bucket?

4 Answers

An ATM makes $2 per customer for 30% of its customers. Each time a customer uses the ATM it costs 2cents. The ATM servicing costs $3000. What is the break even point for this ATM?

110 of 704 Interview Questions