Senior data engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior data engineer Interview Questions

senior data engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you test if survey responses were filled at random by certain individuals, as opposed to truthful selections?

5 Answers

I would design the test in a way that certain information is asked two different ways. if two answers disagree with each other I would seriously doubt the validity of the answers.

This is a very basic psychometrics question. Calculate Cronbach's alpha for the survey items. If it is low (below .5), it is very likely that the questions were answered at random.

We need to find the histograms of the questions in the survey to see the distribution of each answer in each question. All question histograms will likely follow the normal distribution if they are truthful selection. If one response with more than of half of total answers being located outside of 95% confidential interval in each histogram, the response will be categorized as random fall out of mean plus tw

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

How would you build and test a metric to compare two user's ranked lists of movie/tv show preferences?

4 Answers

The percentage of female customer base

4 Answers

Technical case interview which is a mix of modelling skills + classical case interview structure

3 Answers

Imagine you have N pieces of rope in a bucket. You reach in and grab one end-piece, then reach in and grab another end-piece, and tie those two together. What is the expected value of the number of loops in the bucket?

4 Answers

Do you like beer or wine more?

2 Answers

Given a list, create a new list that does not include duplicate values of the original list.

2 Answers

Laughably easy/bad,, And I was worried I couldn't implement transformer architecture on the fly. simple tree manipulation extract text from pdf

2 Answers

Then, he asked what if the cost of false positive is 0?

2 Answers

Write a constant-time Python 3 implementation of LRU cache. Use any Python data structures. The provided unit tests must pass. You have 15 minutes.

110 of 598 Interview Questions