Senior database administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior database administrator Interview Questions

senior database administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you work with a client that has a performance problem and it is impacting the production but you cannot see any query running long in database.

2 Answers

I had to specify some tools and answer the process as DBA uses to identify database or OS problems. Included variables, statuses values, Linux tools but I missed some small things that were OK at the point because I was able to explain other ways to reach the same information.

by using error-log we i can identify problem

The most dumb question to ask in 2020 - Difference between MyISAM and InnoDB.

Index tipping

How would you define the hardware requirements for installing EBS 12.1

1 Answer

Describe your experience as a DBA.

1 Answer

We have data that gets loaded once a week. With that in mind we have an application that clients enter search data in to and then SQL has to dynamically build a statement that has 25 different data points/relationships. It works fine, but takes upwards of 30 seconds to return the data to the client. You can not change the existing schema, but you can however add to it. Indexes are already present and optimized on all the different tables. What could you do to make this process much faster??

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

You are making X dollars an hour as consultant, why are you coming to Costco for approximately 30% pay cut to get this job ?

1 Answer

Always the personal issues, how do you handle a case were your boss is technically wrong but unwilling to admit it.

1 Answer

What aspects of the job do you like?

1 Answer

what qualify you for this position?

110 of 103 Interview Questions