Senior Database Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Database Administrator Interview Questions

Senior database administrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

explain a mistake you made and how you dealt with it

1 Answer

I did weekend work, but it was not completed by Monday morning; explained the reasons to my application contact and the next time I planned and executed the work better so it would complete by Sunday afternoon.

Where are ROWIDs

1 Answer

Don't let the interviewer answer the question for you. He will keep talking and will try to put words in your mouth / help you, or at least give you the feeling. You have to ensure that you are answering the question the way you want to answer it using your ideas, not theirs. Don't be shy.

1 Answer

How many years of DB2 experience.

1 Answer

i was asked to reduce the time taken by the query for execution. standard query passing values in where clause separated by comma.

1 Answer

Always the personal issues, how do you handle a case were your boss is technically wrong but unwilling to admit it.

1 Answer

what view can be used to look back at a past performance problem? They also want to know recovery techniques and RAC. All Oracle unless it's a SQL Server position.

1 Answer

Name of file in /etc that determines..you get the point.

1 Answer

In reality, I was very comfortable with all the questions. If anything, the question that called my attention was "what do you think of open source?". they wanted to see if I would be willing to learn an open source RDBMS (Postgres) in the eventuality they decided to migrate from Informix, their current RDBMS.

110 of 66 Interview Questions