Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior DevOps Engineer

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions

Senior devops engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you stay organized? Describe tools and techniques.

3 Answers

I use Outlook for email, contacts, calendar, and tasks in the work environment, and I use OneNote to collect and search through important notes. With my smartphone I use Google's calendar, gmail, and search.

Choose carefully what you put your attention on and resist the urge to multitask. Choose your top 2 or 3 skill areas and focus on cultivating them. Tools like Outlook are not helpful for DevOps. Shut it off for long periods of time each day.

Trello for managing/limiting work in progress; focusing on one task at a time. Don't use email at all if you can help it. Use Slack for team communication as it links with Trello effectively. Keep all of your code in GitHub and commit+push often to track changes. Don't be someone responsible for releasing software; be someone who enables teams to release via services or automation you provide. Work hard to keep from being a bottleneck or gatekeeper of environments. Don't keep secrets or build silos of knowledge. The mindset you adopt will enable you to uplift others and enable better communication across your team and organization.

General network debugging questions, lots of questions about application monitoring.

How did you customize Jenkins for build delivery?

1 Answer

It's mostly related to your resume, job duties and the projects that you have worked on.

1 Answer

why you use aws cloud

2 Answers

It started off as a simple "given this log file, find unique visitors", but then quickly started ballooning in scope as restrictions were given on the amount of memory available relative to the dataset and cumulative results.

I was interviewing for a DevOps role. When I got there, they interviewed me for a Senior DevOps Engineer role with more focus on the development side than ops. That was a bit confusing as I am stronger on the ops side of things.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical network routing questions and a lot of questions asked about prior work I had done. Trick questions from the last guy ( tech lead ) that on most days where I work would take a twenty second google search. Lots of trivia from what seemed like a junior to mid-level ops team. They were looking for someone more familiar with the Puppet framework - I'm a CFEngine guy currently. They don't have time or processes in place for training, so they needed someone to hit the ground running. Open work area - not a fan. No cubicles at all, but there are "interview rooms". Young hipster gamer culture.

A lot of questions regarding your understanding of product and operations.

110 of 86 Interview Questions