Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions

Senior devops engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you stay organized? Describe tools and techniques.

3 Answers

I use Outlook for email, contacts, calendar, and tasks in the work environment, and I use OneNote to collect and search through important notes. With my smartphone I use Google's calendar, gmail, and search.

Choose carefully what you put your attention on and resist the urge to multitask. Choose your top 2 or 3 skill areas and focus on cultivating them. Tools like Outlook are not helpful for DevOps. Shut it off for long periods of time each day.

Trello for managing/limiting work in progress; focusing on one task at a time. Don't use email at all if you can help it. Use Slack for team communication as it links with Trello effectively. Keep all of your code in GitHub and commit+push often to track changes. Don't be someone responsible for releasing software; be someone who enables teams to release via services or automation you provide. Work hard to keep from being a bottleneck or gatekeeper of environments. Don't keep secrets or build silos of knowledge. The mindset you adopt will enable you to uplift others and enable better communication across your team and organization.

there is not difficult question if you are a experienced systems engineer

As a team lead, explain how you'd deal with a co-worker who wasn't pulling their weight on the team.

Tell me the difference between popular CI systems

It started off as a simple "given this log file, find unique visitors", but then quickly started ballooning in scope as restrictions were given on the amount of memory available relative to the dataset and cumulative results.

2 different interviewers asked the best/worst skill/trait questions in different ways

How would you balance conflicting, urgent priorities from different teams?

1 Answer

What happens in the system when I run "curl www.google.com" on the console

Describe the architect of Google or Facebook