Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions

Senior devops engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you stay organized? Describe tools and techniques.

3 Answers

I use Outlook for email, contacts, calendar, and tasks in the work environment, and I use OneNote to collect and search through important notes. With my smartphone I use Google's calendar, gmail, and search.

Choose carefully what you put your attention on and resist the urge to multitask. Choose your top 2 or 3 skill areas and focus on cultivating them. Tools like Outlook are not helpful for DevOps. Shut it off for long periods of time each day.

Trello for managing/limiting work in progress; focusing on one task at a time. Don't use email at all if you can help it. Use Slack for team communication as it links with Trello effectively. Keep all of your code in GitHub and commit+push often to track changes. Don't be someone responsible for releasing software; be someone who enables teams to release via services or automation you provide. Work hard to keep from being a bottleneck or gatekeeper of environments. Don't keep secrets or build silos of knowledge. The mindset you adopt will enable you to uplift others and enable better communication across your team and organization.

Are you excited about the role? (Several Times)

Are you a consultant?

2 Answers

Using draw.io or a similar program, diagram a....scalable and reliable solution....Your solution should encompass...best practices...should focus on high availability using whichever services or architecture you think would enable a viable solution. Be prepared to walk us through your planned solution and explain the selected design choices including pros and cons and potential alternatives. We will want to know you’ve thought it through and understand your proposal thoroughly.

1 Answer

is one day work from home per week enough for you?

1 Answer

How did you customize Jenkins for build delivery?

1 Answer

It's mostly related to your resume, job duties and the projects that you have worked on.

why you use aws cloud

2 Answers

Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical network routing questions and a lot of questions asked about prior work I had done. Trick questions from the last guy ( tech lead ) that on most days where I work would take a twenty second google search. Lots of trivia from what seemed like a junior to mid-level ops team. They were looking for someone more familiar with the Puppet framework - I'm a CFEngine guy currently. They don't have time or processes in place for training, so they needed someone to hit the ground running. Open work area - not a fan. No cubicles at all, but there are "interview rooms". Young hipster gamer culture.

Tell me the difference between popular CI systems

110 of 103 Interview Questions