Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions

Senior embedded software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What you see yourself in 5 years, do you want to move up to the manager position.

1 Answer

I did not prepare for this question.

Using C++ code, write a linked list insertion method.

1 Answer

Using C code write a routine to find a 32 bit frame start sequence in a raw byte stream buffer.

2 Answers

instruction pipeline, volatile variable, RTOS priority, semaphore, C++ factory pattern. break points. etc.

Everything from people management, team play to technical question related to hardware, RTOS, C, assembly, troubleshooting.

Typical questions on embedded software development and debugging. A lot of questions regarding my previous job experience. There are some behavior questions on working with others and such...

Write a program that tallies up all the ngrams in a string and then outputs the most frequent ngram and how many times it occurred.

Using C++ code, write a function to calculate the sum of a vector of integers using N threads in parallel.

1 Answer

There's not a particular question that's most difficult. I'd recommend being pretty up on RTOS and recent embedded microcontrollers. In my case I feel I am rather up on C, C++, board design and bringup, hw tools, author-level linker and debugger tech, fair RTOS understanding at a kernel level, register-level ARM and AVR understanding, and decades of UNIX experience, and those didn't get me to "yes", despite all those fitting the job description. So you might wish to set expectations that a whole constellation of judgement may be at play and a good technical show may be just half of the requirements. I really don't know why I wasn't selected, unfortunately, so my guess is in a market like SF or Seattle one gets a pretty sweet pool from which to choose.

They were interviewing using my resume. The technical lead also asked count the number of set bits in a word. He also asked about different scheduling algorithms for the OS. That was difficult for me since I had not done a whole lot of memorizing about theory.

110 of 16 Interview Questions