Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions

Senior embedded software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What you see yourself in 5 years, do you want to move up to the manager position.

1 Answer

I did not prepare for this question.

Everything from people management, team play to technical question related to hardware, RTOS, C, assembly, troubleshooting.

How will you let go a sub ordinate if you do not like the person even though he/she is a good engineer?

Phone Screening: basic L2-L3 networking protocols Onsite interview: C coding in general (pointers and stuff), some RTOS-related, and past experience.

Why are you looking to make a change ? Do you think commuting to Vancouver will work for you ?

There's not a particular question that's most difficult. I'd recommend being pretty up on RTOS and recent embedded microcontrollers. In my case I feel I am rather up on C, C++, board design and bringup, hw tools, author-level linker and debugger tech, fair RTOS understanding at a kernel level, register-level ARM and AVR understanding, and decades of UNIX experience, and those didn't get me to "yes", despite all those fitting the job description. So you might wish to set expectations that a whole constellation of judgement may be at play and a good technical show may be just half of the requirements. I really don't know why I wasn't selected, unfortunately, so my guess is in a market like SF or Seattle one gets a pretty sweet pool from which to choose.

Using C++ code, write a function to calculate the sum of a vector of integers using N threads in parallel.

1 Answer

They were interviewing using my resume. The technical lead also asked count the number of set bits in a word. He also asked about different scheduling algorithms for the OS. That was difficult for me since I had not done a whole lot of memorizing about theory.

1 Answer

Direct questions relating to experience and hands-on knowledge and how these pertain specifically to several key areas of interest.